VARI Race Brakes Calipers Distinguishing Factors:
- Australian Engineered ,Made and owned.
- Fully CNC machined in house by VARI Racing Australia, right here in Sunny Queensland Australia.
- Carved from 6061 /T6 Billet Aluminium Plate.
- Hard Anodized (Type III military spec finish ) Pistons, (critical to limiting heat transfer between back of pad and fluid, as well as resistance to piston wear).
- Progressive Piston Design, ( ie differential Piston diameters across the pad length , for improved resistance to pad tapper under extreme use)
- Multiple Caliper Clamp loads across each Family of Calipers. (This allows us to allocate application specific caliper to best match that applications ,master cylinder and general Peddle Dynamics, so as to offer actual tuned kits with increased clamp load without having the pedal travel get too long.)
- Slim Design equals unrivaled lack of wheel clearance problems.
- Attractive Anodized Clear Aluminium Finish to the caliper Body . ( Practically maintenance free, no chipped paint issues here.)
- Super strong use of M12 Cap screws used in our 618 SL Caliper series shows no compromise on Strength.**
- Rigid Bridge Design, (resists deflection under Clamping ).
- Easy Pad Replacement, (from the top of the calliper).
- Hard Stainless Steel Pad side springs, (for excellent Pad retention and extended caliper body life).
- High heat , Square Profile high performance Brake seals ( For resistance to high heat cycles and Correct Piston Retraction )
- Specifically Sized Caliper Pistons according to application, ( to where ever possible increase hydraulic clamp over the factory brakes without a long Pedal feel.)
- High heat “EPDM” internal dust seals ,( to meet requirements for Australian Road use and still hold up to high performance road and track use).
- Ease of Future Rotor diameter upgrade ,(practically for the price of brackets, the next time rotor replacement time comes around ).
- CNC engraved logo , Paint Filled by Hand.
Notes regarding calliper comparisons.
* Its worth noting that some Taiwanese Imported alternatives often Allude to being “Forged” when in fact they are at best Die Cast to look Forged . Also practically all European and American High Quality brake kits available in our price range are based on their entry level cast Aluminium Caliper Ranges , and their Full Billet Caliper options are easily closer to 3 times our price, so be sure to remember to compare Apples with Apples .
** While factory MonoBlocks are certainly High Quality Items More Than up to the job , they are in fact not as rigid as top of the range European Aftermarket Monoblock Calipers used in the Top Tiers of Nascar and Formula 1 or World Rally Series,which they seek to emulate.
Infact there is some Consensus by Industry Experts that unless some Very Specific and Prohibitively Expensive Aluminum is used in the Forging Process it is in fact very difficult for a Forged MonoBloc Caliper to Rival the Rigidity of a competently Designed Bolted together Fully CNC machined calipers with large diameter Fasteners.